SEATTLE--(Springfree™ Trampoline, the world’s safest trampoline, wants to keep families safe by offering safety tips for trampoline jumping.)--Summer is just around the corner, and
“Jumping is a fun and efficient form of exercise but up until now the safety risks have outweighed the benefits”
Trampolines are a fixture in the backyards of families across the country, but many parents do not know that spring-based trampolines can be very dangerous, resulting in bruises, breaks, and even head injuries and paralysis. Data shows that 100,000 children in North America go to the hospital each year after falling off or suffering injury on the springs and frame.
“Jumping is a fun and efficient form of exercise but up until now the safety risks have outweighed the benefits,” said Steven Holmes, president and CEO of Springfree™ Trampoline. “Springfree was invented in response to the vast number of injuries caused by spring-based trampolines, and we are proud that our design is proven to be the safest trampoline in the world.”
The Springfree™ Trampoline Team has compiled 10 tips to keep jumpers safe this season:
- One at a time please – Multiple jumpers increase the risk of injury from collision. Statistics show that with more than one simultaneous user, the smaller/lighter of the two is almost always the one sustaining an injury.
- Don’t flip out – Untrained jumpers run the risk of landing awkwardly.
- Avoid roughhousing – Some kids love to play rough and tumble, but this type of behavior can result in injury.
- Let Fido watch from the ground – While the family pet may love to have a turn, this can cause collisions and damage to the trampoline.
- Keep it clean– Trampolines should be void of foreign objects. Any new object introduced to the trampoline is another potential “hard surface” that can result in injury.
- Stand watch – Keep an eye on children and inexperienced jumpers while they are on the trampoline.
- Steer clear – Do not allow children or pets underneath the trampoline while someone is jumping.
- Stay in control – Stay in the center of the trampoline. If you deviate during jumping, stop and move back to the center.
- Practice safety before and after – Aid jumpers in safely entering and exiting the trampoline.
- Talk it out – Discuss the importance of trampoline safety with your kids, and tell them about the risks of not using it properly.
About Springfree™ Trampoline
Springfree™ Trampoline, the world’s safest trampoline, is sold in 15 countries and received the 2010 Product of the Year Award in both the United States and Canada. Springfree™ Trampoline is available in retail stores across the United States. To find a store or to purchase online, go to www.springfreetrampoline.com or call 1-866-899-7370.