Fun Fruit Recipes for Summer
We teamed up with Olympic athlete, Rosie MacLennan, to share some fun, easy, and healthy recipe ideas for the whole family. Our first two recipes are all about fruit.
There’s nothing better than enjoying a nice cold snack after bouncing in the summer heat. These fruit kebobs are a healthy alternative to a frozen treat and are just as refreshing!
- Half a Cantaloupe
- Half a Pineapple
- 1-2cups of strawberries
- 1-2cups of grapes
- 1cup or Blackberries
- Wash and Cut up Fruit
- Using either wood Coffee Stir Sticks or kebob skewers, thread on fruit
If you’ve got a group of hungry bouncers, this watermelon shark is sure to please! It takes a little more time to prepare than the kebobs, but it’s perfect for a backyard party or BBQ.
- 1 Watermelon
- 1 Cantaloupe
- Serrated Knife
- Paring Knife
- Melon Baller
- Using your serrated knife cut out just under a quarter of the watermelon, do not discard.
2. Using your melon baller, ball the watermelon and place watermelon balls in a bowl
3. Cut your cantaloupe in half, ball the cantaloupe and mix with the bowl containing watermelon, set aside.
4. Using your paring knife run it along the edge of the ‘sharks’ mouth top and bottom and remove the green skin.
5. Cut out triangles in the sections where the green skin was removed to make teeth
6. Now using the section you removed at the beginning use that watermelon skin to create two eyes and fin.
7. Cut out two small horizontal slits in the top of the watermelon and one larger vertical slit and insert the eyes and fin.
8. Scoop the watermelon and cantaloupe balls and place them inside the sharks mouth and around it on the plate.