You've done it! You've finally decided to get world's safest trampoline for your backyard! Of course the real fun cannot begin until you've installed it! Though this task might be daunting, it's entirely doable and you might be just the right person to do it... just let us help you!
TRY THIS AT HOME
We’ve put together a list of Hot Tips straight from the professionals… the Springfree™ Trampoline Installation Team.
1. Phone a Friend
Having a friend on hand to help will make installation easier… and more enjoyable. You'll also want someone to document your first jump!
2. Have the instructions close by for easy reference
OK Dads, we know you don't NEED them but let's not skip this step anyway. It's a very important part of this process! Mom's you know what we mean!
3. Focus on technique
Like Jean Claude's epic feat, It’s more about how it’s done than brute strength. If you’re having to use excessive force, check the instructions and your technique as it’s likely something’s not quite right. Remember never to put your face near the white rods when attaching them to the mat. There's a lot of power behind each one to make sure you get the best bounce!
4. See how it’s done
Our Springfree™ Trampoline inventor Keith Alexander has put together a video step-by-step guide for each of trampolines with. Have a watch of these first, they are only a couple of minutes long and will really help in making sure you get it right first time!
5. What NOT to do:
- Don’t leave installation until the last minute. You’ll find it much easier if you still have some daylight and you’re not tired. Allow about two hours for two people.
- Step away from the power tools… and the hammers and the rubber mallets. You’ll only ever need to use the tools provided with your Springfree™ Trampoline.
- Don’t twist the mat edge. If you need to remove a mat rod from its socket, use the same semi-circular technique you used to get it in there, just in the opposite direction.
- Don’t give up. If you are having difficulties and require assistance, please call 1888 JUMP SAFE (1888 586 7721) as we do have phone support available and can walk you through it. We often share in your frustration and know exactly what you're going through.
Every Springfree™ Trampoline model is different
So make sure you’re watching the right videos online and following the instructions.
Finishing your installation
Your Springfree™ Trampoline is just about ready and all you’ve got left to do is raise the enclosure. This is the part of installation that we receive questions about most often so here’s one last handy tip:
- When you push the net rods into the pocket at the top of the net, you’ll feel some resistance near, but not quite at, the top. Check the location of the ball at the top of the net rod and, if it’s not quite at the top, push it past the stitching (refer images below) so that it’s securely positioned at the top of the pocket. Once you’ve done this with all of the net rods you can start raising the net.
We are excited to hear all the excitement from this year's suprised and delighted families when they see their Springfree Trampoline. Remember, you can use your Springfree year round without worrying about squeaking or damage in rain, sun or snow. So go on out and get the trampoline up and get ready for a fun filled year and 365 days of jumping!