Having the little whippersnappers running around for an additional 6 or 7 hours a day under your heels while you’re still trying to run the household or heaven forbid keep a job , can of course be the recipe for “Frazzled Mum/ Dad”.
So we did a round of the office and collected our favorite list of ‘cool stuff to do’ in the holidays:
1) Make a paper mache Piggy Bank (also good for teaching saving lessons at a young age!) http://fun.familyeducation.com/handicrafts/sculpting/36120.html
2) Jewelry making http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/jewelrymaking/a/082399.htm
3) Taste Tests http://fun.familyeducation.com/play/35564.html
4) Obstacle Course http://fun.familyeducation.com/exercise/activity/37126.html
5) Build an indoor hut/ fort http://multiples.about.com/od/familyfun/a/indoorfunfort.htm
6) Go Exploring– go exploring beyond your local area and check out parks you wouldn’t normally go to. Its fun for kids to explore new areas, and you might find a great new location for next year’s birthday party!
7). Puzzles – remember when we used to play puzzles? Kids love puzzles, and you can get some awesome puzzles for kids of all ages.
Jumping on a Springfree Trampoline of course!
What have you got planned for your holidays?